Wednesday, February 16, 2011

An Interesting Article on Fibrofog

Finally, an article that recommends some medications and supplements that might help with fibrofog! http://www.prohealth.com/fibromyalgia/library/showArticle.cfm?libid=14402&B1=EM021611&slvor=10594.1032735.0.1.0.37055&eid=fibrohaven%40gmail.com

It lists tricyclic antidepressants as possibly making fibrofog worse but it seems like my fibrofog episodes are much less severe since I started taking amitryptiline. Of course, I'm only taking 20 mg and I'm not feeling much of a sedative effect.

I'm certainly willing to try some of the supplements. CoQ10 is expensive but it also helps with fatigue so a round of it might be worth a try.

Another thing I found very interesting about this article is that it talks about how fibrofog might be caused by all the extra signals the brain is receiving because of pain and fatigue. Something I've noticed is that I get brain fog from being somewhere noisy with lots of movement and different things going on. My brain essentially shuts down for the rest of the day after time spent in noisy, busy environments. I wonder if it's the same thing - the brain becoming overwhelmed with too many signals?

Does this happen to you? Have you found anything that helps with it?

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Thanks for the info. I will have to pay closer attention at times like that. I do know that when I'm around alot of noises and lights and action I feel like I have to get out of there. It's just too much for me. I do think my thinking must get scrammbled because that is when I can't get my words out right sometimes.I will have to keep a log of things and start paying more attention. Thanks.

lala said...

You need to stop by and find out how Dr. Cordain has made the link between certain foods we eat and autoimmune condition such as Fibromyalgia. I have been on his suggestions since Oct. IBS gone! Pain receding! You know someone with another autoimmune conditions? Bring them along.

http://paleoautoimmunerecipes.blogspot.com/