What are some things that make me feel better on bad pain days?
1. My Electric Blanket (the warmth is such a comfort).
2. A big , soft hug from my daughter.
3. My Bed (it's softness, yet firm, is the most comfortable place to lay).
4. Prayer (GOD always provides peace and comfort and lets me know I'm not alone).
5. Stretching (it seems to warm up my muscles and tissues, providing relief).
6. A Card or Letter from a friend.
7. Writing in my diary or blog (it helps me get off my chest all the feelings that are bottling up).
8. Take-out Food (no cooking!)
9. Talking to a Friend.
10. Believe it or not, SOMETIMES, gentle sex! (It takes my mind off the pain and provides some feel-good endorphines).
11. Creating something - crafts, pics, poems, etc... (It again takes my mind off the pain and makes me feel useful again).
12. Reading an Inspirational or Fiction book (It takes my mind off the pain and transports me to a different place mentally).
13. Making plans for when I have a GOOD day (It gives me something to look forward to).
14. A Nap (Pain is very exhausting!)
15. Buying something (inexpensive) for MYSELF (usually online as I can't get out of the house).
16. Chocolate, just a little! (Chocolate makes everything better!!! jk)
17. A long hot bubble bath (being surrounded in warmth & sweet scents is so comforting).
18. A Massage (it actually releases feel good endorphines!)
19. My little girl giving me one of her stuffed animals to comfort me.
20. Being held by my hubby as I try to go to sleep.
Can you think of some things that make YOU feel better on your bad days? I'd love to hear from you and get some ideas.
I know that some days NOTHING is going to make me feel better, but I have to keep trying because I have to keep living. The moment I give up, I might as well be dead! Because there's nothing worse than living a life without HOPE.
Gentle hugs to you.