Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Making Lemonade

Why does life give us lemons? And what's so great about lemonade anyway? Why can't life give us oranges. Plump juicy oranges! Well, life doesn't give us oranges, but it does give us lemons. For example, life gave me Fibromyalgia. A horrible illness, but not life threatening. I hate it! It's miserable. It's painful. It zaps your energy, your life and it'll try to zap your soul if you'll let it. I've been diagnosed with it for about 8 years now. Although I've suffered since I was a teenager. It's different for everyone. For some it's a minor inconvenience, but for many it's life altering. I am one of them. So how do I make lemonade out of fibromyalgia? By continuing to live day by day, moment by moment. It's not easy. It takes a lot of work; a lot of heart. But it's worth it~ I've learned to be more compassionate, more thoughtful~ Not take things so for granted. I found lots of new friends that I wouldn't have met had it not been for the fibromyalgia. And for that I'm eternally grateful. I've learned to enjoy every "good" minute that I have because they don't come around nearly as often any more. I've come to realize that you can't judge someone else, for ANY reason because you don't know what's going on in that person's life. But for me the greatest lesson I've learned is that, no matter how turmoiltous your life is, or can become, God is always in control of it. Nothing comes as a surprise to Him. I may not understand His plan, but He does. And He always wants his best for us. Lemons may be sour, but they are also very nutritious for you. And when you add the sweetness of God's Peace to your lemons, you have some very delicious Lemonade!